Thursday, January 3, 2008

NOVEMBER

We did a couple of exciting things this month. For Veteran's Day, Molly's Brownie troop participated in a parade downtown and a dedication ceremony. They threw carnations into the river in memory of the veterans and met the state senator, Brad Burzinski. I have included a few photos.


Molly & her friend Jessica posed in front of Senator Burzinski with Girl Scout & Brownie troops.


Molly in the Veteran's Day parade.


Next came Thanksgiving. We spent the holiday at Jon's sister's house as we do every year. It was very nice since Jon's other sister that lives in Kansas came to visit with her family. The kids usually do their drawing for Christmas grab bag at Thanksgiving, but this year, we actually celebrated Christmas a little early. It was nice for all of the cousins to open their grab bag presents together as opposed to on the phone. We ate a lot as usual and had so much fun. The fun didn't end there...

The day after Thanksgiving, a group of us went to the zoo. I think I laughed more that day than I have in a long time. The cousins were at their prime and weren't afraid to show it. Please note, there were no animals harmed in the making of these photos! :)


The Bilich girls with 4 out of 7 cousins at entrance of the zoo.


My nieces Tara (L) & Mary (R).
Tara rescues Mary from the hand eating wolf.


The girls & the GIANT loon.


My nephew Luke and his new friend the crocodile. Or is it an alligator?

The trip to the zoo was a success and we had a great time seeing our family from Kansas. Glad they did the drive and not me! I'm afraid that I would've left a child behind (on purpose).


Moving on...On November 27th, Devyn had a field trip to a local tree farm and it happened to be the coldest day ever. I am not exaggerating! It was windy and FREEZING! We sucked it up and enjoyed watching the people at the farm make a wreath (I had never seen that before) and then had a chance to see a few "rare" animals. For anyone who ever wanted to know, yes, reindeers DO exist. We also had a chance to see a white snow fox. I guess it was perfect weather for them.


Ally & Devyn hanging out as usual.





Well, that about sums it up for November. Look for some misc. pictures throughout the blog to bring you up to speed.

No comments: